Thursday, November 6, 2008

End of Harvest

Well everything great has to end. All the wine is pressed off and in barrel. The next step is making sure all the equipment is clean and ready for storage, hopefully it is dreaming of next season.
I feel blessed to have been apart of this cycle of life even for such a brief period. I had a feeling of kinship with grapegrowers and winemakers around the northern hemisphere, working in harmony with the weather and hoping and waiting for the grapes to grow and ripen. The flow of the harvest made each day stand out, the list for the day was made and accomplished, the next day would arrive. It was what I hoped it would be but also very different. What did I learn,

1. Liquid is heavy.
2. Eastern WA is beautiful at 4am
3. my wife is amazing for supporting me
3. I love my life.

I will post more pics and stories from harvest soon, thanks for sharing this adventure with me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

And what an adventure this has been! Thank you Sara for supporting Jeff in this amazing opportunity.
Dad

pop2 said...

Jeff:
Do you think you will have time to add the next steps you are taking after the "harvest" part? We are happy that you are using what you have learned during the fall season and applying it the great world of wine experiences.
The best to you always.
Walt